1. Make sure you have the correct keys to use CareVue Design Mode (CIAV COMPOSE, CIAV DESIGN, and CIAV SITE MANAGER).
2. Log in to CareVue and click on the Resources Tab.
3. Right Click the top blue header in CareVue and select Design Mode:
4. Click on the Design Menu, and select Layout Manager.
5. Expand Tabbed Notebook, expand Resources Tab, expand Group Bar, and then click on the Group Bar heading. Then click the Properties button.
6. Click on Group Editor under Property in the left column and then click on the + sign to add a new option. Notice that it is named New Item 1.
7. Name it what the title of the website should be listed in the Resources Tab. Then click the arrow up and arrow right buttons to move the item to the location you want it listed under. In this instance I used the arrow right button to move it over under the Decision Support group.
8. Click Apply and OK.
9. Click on the newly created group pane and then select the Add button:
10. Expand Function and then expand Tools and choose Internet Explorer. Click the Add button.
11. The new Internet Explorer item should be highlighted. If not, select it and then select the Properties button.
12. Click Align and change it to All. Click Anchors and choose top, left, right, and bottom. Click on Home Page and type in the website you want to add. Once done Click Apply and OK. Close the Layout Manager Window.
13. To save the changes, click on the Design menu and select Save as Template:
14. This will default to the name of the CareVue template you are currently using. This will in most cases be the system default that everyone uses unless you have a different template. If you don’t want to save it as the default you can click the drop down arrow and choose another template or you can rename it to a different template name to create a new one. In most cases you will want to save this to the default template so you will select the Save button. Be cautious as this will impact users the next time they log in.