The High Dose Medication menu option allows setup to be done on the Pharmacy Orderable Item that would alert the ordering providers if a medication dose may be too high for a particular patient based on weight or age. Below are the steps that can be used to create, edit or delete the setup for this.
1. Utilize the “Test an option not in your menu” option.
2. Input “HIGH DOSE MEDICATION ENTER/EDIT” as the “Option entry to test”.
3. Enter the “PHARMACY ORDERABLE ITEM NAME” and select the correct entry.
4. Enter any entry numerically or delete any entry if deemed necessary by using the “@” in the field.
5. Save, then Exit. Retest by entering another order with a dosage greater than the alerted dose.
1903 Wright Place, Suite 120
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Toll-Free (877) 633-7743