1. The first thing to do is go to Explorer and pull up the directory where the PE Client is installed. In the example below, the PE Client was installed in the C:\PricingEngines\BeauregardPE180 directory.
2. Next you find the FormularyReport.cmd file and double click it or type it into a Command Prompt box as in the example below. Then enter the information at each prompt.
3. Below it starts with “Enter Server that RPCBroker is running on” and you would enter the IP Address of that server.
4. The next prompt asks “Enter the port number RPCBroker is listening on” and you would enter that here. Usually in PROD it is 9260.
5. The next prompt asks “Enter OpenVista access code that has access to Pricing and you would enter your access code here.
6. The next prompt asks “Enter OpenVista verify code that has access to Pricing and you would enter your verify code here.
7. After entering all information the report starts. If the workstation is remote the report can takeup to 3 hours to run. If the workstation is in the Pharmacy at the site, it should finish in minutes.
8. Notice that the report output will be in the newly created file named FormularyReport.csv and this file can be opened with Microsoft Excel. The file will reside in the same directory that the client software was installed in – see below.