All documents that are scanned and need to be part of the patient’s medical record will require a note title in CareVue. Typically, these documents would include consent and authorization forms or anything that may require a patient signature. Other scanned documents may include historical medical records or outside physician office orders that the patient brings to the hospital. Once a note title is created, the note may be selected and a scanned document attached to it. The note will require some sort of text in order to be saved. Typically, Medsphere recommends boilerplate text, such as “See attached scanned document”, applied to all note titles that will be
used for scanning.
The ability to attach an image to a note in CareVue requires the following Security Keys:
· MAGCAP TIU
· MAG CAPTURE
Please note: the following steps assume that the user has already scanned the document in to a shared network drive or a specified folder, per facility policy.
1. Log in to CareVue, click on the Notes Tab and select New Note.
2. The Note Titles selection box will appear. Search for the note by typing in the first few letters of the note title or by entering any part of the note title name.
3. Verify that the Date/Time of Note and Author are correct and click OK.
The note will open for use on the right side of the chart. This example includes the preassigned text: “See attached scanned document.”
4. While the note title is highlighted on the left, right-click in the white space of the document on the right. Select ‘Attach Images or Scanned Documents’.
An additional box will open to attach the image.
5. The default Image Folder location is the user’s desktop. Either click in the correct folder on the desktop to find the scanned image or use the drop-down arrow to navigate to the correct folder or network drive.
6. Once the image has been selected, double-click on the image and it should appear in the right window pane.
7. Click on ‘Save Attachments’. The image will save and the following dialog will appear:
To import additional images to this note title, Click on ‘Import More Images’. Otherwise, click ‘Done’ to exit the viewer and sign the note.
8. The note with the attachments will appear in CareVue. Note the Icon next to the Note title indicating an attachment. Users may double-click the attachment located at the bottom of the note to view the document in an external viewer.
9. Use the Action menu on the Notes tool bar at the top of the screen and select ‘Sign Note Now’ OR right-click in the note and select ‘Sign Note Now’.
Right-click for similar options from the Action menu bar.
10. Enter the electronic signature code to sign the note and click OK.