CareVue allows for web links to be added to external applications. In this example we will demonstrate how to add a menu option to the top tool bar. The new menu is called “External Tools” with the link under it called “Incident Reporting”. The end-user is required to have the CIAV DESIGN security key to execute these changes.
1. Log in to CareVue and right click on the top blue bar and Choose Design Mode.
2. Right Click on the CareVue window and choose Layout Manager.
3. Click on Desktop and then click the Properties button, then click on Customize Menus.
4. Click on the blue + sign, and name your new menu “External Tools”.
5. Click the blue + sign again and add another menu named “Incident Reporting” and click the blue arrow to move the Menu underneath External Tools.
6. Click on the lightning bolt button and type: “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” http://www.testing.com, then click OK then Apply, and then OK again. (The location of iexplore.exe may vary and you will need to type the correct website for the site you are adding. http://www.testing.com is only a made up website.)
7. Next, click on the Design Menu and choose Save As Template. Edit the name of the template to reflect your new changes (i.e. date or other defining information such as WL2014 or Incident_Reporting_2014 and appended to the end of the name). Click Save thereby retaining the integrity of the original template for future use and saving the new template.
8. Leave Design Mode by right clicking on the top blue bar and unchecking Design Mode.
9. Assign new template via the CIAVM DEFAULT TEMPLATE parameter.
10. Confirm new menu option works.
1903 Wright Place, Suite 120
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Toll-Free (877) 633-7743